Monday, December 12, 2011

Teensy Tiny Whores

Everytime I look over at the "People You May Know" on Facebook it's a bunch of high school girls posing half naked with drinks in their hands. On what planet is this acceptable? Most of these kids are actually friends with their parents on Facebook, so the parent's can't act oblivious to the face that this is going on.
When I was 16 I wasn't an angel, by any means, but I sure as hell wasn't screwing guys, drinking, and taking half naked pictures of myself to post on the internet. It doesn't make these girls look cute, or cool, it makes them look like they're lacking the proper parenting to grow into fully functional adults. You are NOT an adult at 16, 17 years old. I hate to break that to some of these kids, but you're just not. Granted, when I was 16 there were a few girls I knew who acted like these kids do, and they ended up miserable with life. You think you're having all the fun until reality sets in.
I can honestly say if I had a 16 year old daughter and she was acting like that, I'd knock some sense into her ignorant little head, not sit around and condone her actions. I think the older I get the more I sound like my mother ... frightening, but maybe she was right all along!

No comments:

Post a Comment